Happy Monday! I had a busier than usual weekend, complete with a date night, breakfast with a dear friend, and a bridal shower. We also enjoyed a bit of sunshine and I was able to sneak in a few outdoor photos to document week 22 of being pregnant.
The snow is melting! There are still some piles of it around, but I am excited to think about spring being not too far away (I hope).
|shirt: Gap Outlet // cardigan: Old Navy (similar) // jeans: Old Navy maternity // shoes: Minnetonka // lace cowl: c/o The Knitted Sparrow // watch: Fossil (similar)|
- How far along: 22 weeks, 3 days
- How big is the baby: papaya (8 in., 1.2 lbs)
- How I'm feeling: I feel really great. Even though life has been busy, I have been able to keep up with the necessary errands and chores.
- Sleeping: I'm sleeping well, and usually wake up to baby kicks around 6am, which I love!
- Food cravings: Salads and burgers appeal most. I don't know if they truly qualify as cravings, but I am definitely drawn to them...
- Food aversions: Still just coffee...
- Doctor's appointment: I have one this week, so I'm looking forward to hearing the baby's heart beat :)
- Movement: Baby G's movements are getting stronger and stronger. S/he is more active after I eat (no surprise there) and in the morning. I kind of hope s/he is a morning person like me and the mister.
- Gender/Names: We are pretty settled on a girl's name and are getting closer to deciding on a boy's name. Fun Fact: Baby G is due July 5. My maternal great grandmother was born on July 4 and named Lois Independence and my paternal great grandfather was born on July 5 and named Benjamin Franklin.
- What I'm looking forward to: I am very anxious for the mister to feel the baby's kicks. It hasn't happened yet, but sometimes when I feel it regularly, I tell him to rest his hand on my tummy just in case he can feel something.
- What I did / got for baby: A friend gave us a rocking horse for the nursery last week.
- What I'm wearing: Lots of maternity clothes! Two friends loaned me their stash of maternity clothes last week. I am so grateful to have more options, especially as the belly grows!
- What I learned this week: Pants are the hardest item to share when it comes to maternity clothes. The belly part stretches out, but I also have a long legs so finding pants the right length can be challenging.
In the past few months, I've gotten to know Amanda who blogs at With Love and Pickles and has a handmade shop, The Knitted Sparrow. She and her husband live in upstate New York with their three kids.
I am excited to welcome Amanda as a partner this month and she has a treat for you too! She's giving away the winner's color choice of a big lace cowl. I've been wearing mine all week. It's so soft and cozy.
In addition to the giveaway, Amanda is offering 10% off your first purchase with code GOADABODE for the whole month of March, so don't delay ordering one!
Can I just say, I love this cowl!? It is super soft and the neutral color goes with so many things. I wore it to keep me warm with my light rain coat last week and as an accessory to the outfit shown above. I love that can switch to a lighter jacket while wearing this layer of warmth, sure to get me through a damp spring season in the Northeast US.
a Rafflecopter giveaway